Country Western Dance at VFW
Members and guests are welcome to attend a country western dance at Redmond’s VFW Hall, 1836 SW Veterans Way, Aug. 2, 7-11 p.m.
Go Wild! at library
Music on the Green
OMSI science Adventure Aug. 7
- Jolts, Volts and Wires, grades 2-6, 9-10 a.m.
- Dangerous Decibels, grades K-6, 10:15-11:15 a.m.
- Kiddie Chemistry, grades K-3, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Redmond Area Park and Recreation District is offering several classes and programs for kids in August:
- PEAK (Promoting Environmental Awareness for Kids), Aug. 7, 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., at Sam Johnson Park. Get kids excited about experiencing the natural world. Cost is $5.
- Cheerleading during Saturday youth soccer games in Redmond. Grades 1-8. Cost is $55. Registration deadline is Aug. 4.
- Horseback Riding, Aug. 2-3, at the West Powell Butte Equestrian Center. Cost is $50.
- Kimbers Dance Magic, Aug. 4-29. Cost is $75.
- Beginning Guitar Lessons, at the RAPRD Activity Center. Ages 12-17, Tuesdays, Aug. 5-26, or Wednesdays, Aug. 6-27. Cost is $100.
- Trip to Kah-Nee-Ta, Aug. 7. Ages 9-18. Cost $18-23. Transportation provided from the Cascade Swim Center.
Information: 541-548-7275 or visit www.raprd.org.
Make dill pickles and dilly beans
Dog Days of Summer
Vendors and crafters wanted for festival
Redmond Revival Street Festival
Desert Explorers Pass
Healing plants at museum
Summer reading program
Women’s beginner mountain bike clinic
Summer In The Park
Andy Warhol exhibit
Deschutes County Fair & Rodeo 2008
The 2008 Deschutes County Fair runs July 30 through Aug. 3. Hours are Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Discount days and special events:
Free admission everyday for veterans and current military personnel.
- Pepsi Day July 30. Seven rides for $14 (coupons must be redeemed between noon and 6 p.m..
- KOHD Day July 31. Free admission plus one carnival ride for 12 and under with a can of food.
- Free admission for everyone Aug. 1 before 3 p.m.
- Unlimited rides for $22 Aug. 3.
- Rodeos (free with admission) July 30-31, 6:30 p.m.; Aug. 1, 7 p.m.; Aug. 2, 7:30 p.m.
- Little Big Town performs July 30, 7 p.m. Free tickets by listening to 99.7 FM.
- Alice Cooper performs July 31, 7 p.m. Free tickets by listening to 98.3 FM.
- Kellie Pickler performs Aug. 1, 7 p.m. Free tickets by listening to 99.7 FM.
AARP Driver Safety class offered
Mt. Hood Adventure Park now open
Skibowl is open weekdays, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., and weekends 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Information: Visit www.skibowl.com or call (800) SKI BOWL.
“Menopause the Musical” at 2nd Street
Stand-up comedy at Tower Theater
Booher Family Music Camp concert
Spanish language conversation groups
Susie Luchsinger to perform Aug. 3
Tuesday Market at Eagle Crest
Soroptimist of Redmond meeting
Country Fair and Art Show