From the City of Redmond,
Redmond Municipal Airport Holiday Travel Tips
Redmond Airport (RDM) has seen a record number of passengers in 2016 and we expect that to continue as travelers pass through the Airport over the upcoming holidays. Being prepared for travel on commercial airlines will make for a more efficient and pleasant journey.
In addition to RDM’s preparations to help passengers enjoy their Airport experience, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) have provided a few tips and notices for travelers as they prepare to take flight to visit family and friends.
FAA restrictions are in effect for the Samsung Galaxy 7 Notebook and replacements. These restrictions prohibit them from being transported on commercial passenger aircraft. The FAA website contains valuable air travel information.
- On your mobile device, go to http://www.faa.gov/mobile. [Supported Devices]
- Sign up for email updates to your wireless device, pager, phone, PDA, or email address.
Passengers should arrive no later than 1.5 hours (90 minutes) prior to the boarding time of your flight. When you have a boarding document proceed through TSA security screening as soon as possible. Boarding lounge amenities include a children’s play area, a coffee shop, a family friendly restaurant and a full service bar. The restaurant and bar are located upstairs on the second floor and open daily at
Airport parking information:
- Rates: $1.00 for the first 30 minutes, at 31 minutes the $2.00 hourly rate is effective. Maximum daily parking cost is $10.00 and the seventh day free. Cash, credit and debit cards are accepted forms of payment.
- Motorcycles and trailers are prohibited from parking in the pay parking lot. Motorcycle parking is available in a designated area in the Vendor/Cargo parking lot. Trailer parking is not accommodated.
- The “cell phone waiting” area is located across the street from the Airport on Salmon Avenue.
- The curb at the Terminal is for active loading and unloading only, no parking, no waiting due to Federal regulations. Parking citations are $50.00 and avoidable by using the pay parking lot or the cell phone waiting area.
Be prepared for potentially cold, wet, snowy, icy conditions. Consider appropriate outerwear including footwear and have an ice scraper in your vehicle. These conditions may add additional time arriving to the Airport.
Transportation Security Admiration (TSA) carry-on restrictions are in effect for liquids, gels and pastes. They must be in containers that are 3.4 ounces or less, those items must fit in one quart size clear bag, one per passenger. Jams, jellies, peanut butter and toothpaste are examples of gels/pastes.
Visit www.flyrdm.com for links to airlines, flight information, TSA, FAA, and other helpful information.
The Redmond Municipal Airport (Roberts Field - RDM) is the aviation gateway to Central Oregon. Owned and operated by the City of Redmond, the airport offers a full range of general and commercial aviation services. RDM is served by four airlines; Alaska Air, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United with direct flights to Denver, Los Angeles, Portland, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Seattle. For more information please visit us online at www.flyrdm.com.