Fire Damages Mobile Home on Crooked River Ranch
Crooked River Ranch, OR – An afternoon fire damaged a Crooked River Ranch mobile home on Friday, Jan. 13. The homeowner was attempting to thaw the mobile homes main water line when the fire occurred. The elderly occupant of the mobile home was able to escape to safety and was uninjured.
Firefighters received the call at 3:44 p.m. of a structure fire at 6682 SW Mustang Road. They arrived to find smoke showing from a mobile home. Further investigation found fire under the mobile home which had burned into the walls and roof. It took firefighters nearly two hours to bring the fire under control and check the remainder of the home for fire extension. The elderly occupant had made arrangements to stay with a friend and did not need assistance from the Red Cross.
At this time the cause of the fire been determined as accidental. The damage to the building and contents is estimated at $20,000.
“Never leave heating devices unattended, even for a short time, while attempting to thaw water pipes,” explained Fire Chief Harry Ward. “If you are not sure what to do when a water pipe freezes contact a plumbing service for assistance.”
Crooked River Ranch Fire & Rescue was assisted at the scene by Redmond Fire & Rescue, Cloverdale Fire District, Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office, and Jefferson County Fire District #1.