January 24, 2017

Oregon Hunting Association to hold fundrasier

From the Oregon Hunters Association,

OHA Redmond Chapter to Hold Fund-Raising Banquet

Funds raised at the Redmond OHA banquet fund local wildlife projects such as irrigating forage planted at nearby state wildlife areas.

   The Redmond Chapter of the Oregon Hunters Association will hold its annual fund-raising banquet, auction and raffle on Feb. 25 in the Convention Center at the Deschutes County Fair & Expo Center in Redmond. Doors open at 5:15 p.m.

   All funds raised at the event stay in Oregon for OHA work benefiting wildlife, habitat and hunters, and 70 percent of the proceeds stay with the Redmond Chapter for local projects and programs, while the other 30 percent benefits statewide OHA efforts.

   Ticket packages – which must be ordered in advance – range from $115 to $225 and include dinners, drink coupons and a variety of raffle tickets. A one-year OHA membership is also included in the ticket price. OHA member benefits include a subscription to Oregon Hunter magazine. Banquet tickets for youth age 17 and under are $30 if accompanied by an adult.

   In addition to dinner, a variety of outdoor gear, artwork, gifts and other items will be auctioned and raffled with the proceeds used to fund local wildlife habitat projects and youth education events. Typical OHA projects include planting forage for big game, fencing springs and aspen groves, creating new water sources, and youth hunter and outdoor education programs and events.

   For more information, call (541) 383-1099 or visit www.oregonhunters.org.



OHA (oregonhunters.org) is the state’s largest Oregon-based pro-hunting organization, with 10,000 members and 26 chapters statewide. Its mission is “protecting Oregon’s wildlife, habitat and heritage.”

No comments: